Mentors guide HopStart teams by evolving their business ideas, helping to shape their plans, and providing feedback on pitches. On average, mentors spend between 1 and 2 hours mentoring in Round 1 and 3 to 5 hours engaging with mentees in Round 2.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the entrepreneurial ecosystem at Johns Hopkins University. Judge and mentor registration for HopStart 2022 is now closed. Individuals interested in observing teams pitch their new ventures on competition day can still register for the event under the “general admission” registration type here: https://cvent.me/Wrql3Z
Important details regarding HopStart Mentorship:
- No travel is required. Mentors can choose how they prefer to communicate with their teams, whether that is over the phone or in Zoom meetings, through the platform LivePlan, over email, or a combination of platforms.
- In Round 1, mentors will review each team’s Round 1 submission and provide feedback (approx. 30 minutes to 1 hour per team).
- In Round 2, mentors will review each team’s Round 2 submission and provide feedback (approx. 1.5 to 2 hours per team).
- Please see our competition timeline for the dates of each round of mentorship.
- Depending on the number of mentors who apply and the number of teams who compete, mentors will be matched with 1 to 3 teams.
- In their applications, mentors will select first and second choices of category and will be matched to team(s) based on preference and team needs.
- Prior to the mentorship rounds, mentors will receive information on best practices.
- Please see our LivePlan template for an idea of the questions teams are asked in each round of competition.
- Mentors selected for this program are invited to attend the competition or serve as judges on competition day.